It’s been a long time my friend. Nearly two months, in fact. The last time we spoke I was fresh out of a ten day silent retreat. This post comes to you just one day shy of yet another ten day silent retreat. Yes, I’m doin’ another one chika – they are that good! Haha.
So much has happened since we last spoke, my love.
Let me give you a super quick update …
- I finished up in my role as ‘Karma Yogi’ at Hridaya Yoga. After six months of service, I warmly welcomed (fun)employment into my life once again. Yee-ha!
- My man friend and I moved in to a new home (did I tell you that I made ‘friends’ with a man on my trip? Who woulda thunk it huh! He’s a real gem too!)
- I dove into another yoga course – three weeks of asanas, pranayama and lectures on all sorts of yogic goodness. T’was a joy
- A friend and I mini vay-cayed in Oaxaca City … where I sampled fried crickets!
- I got sick. Hola, fever and diarrhea! Aah, you’ve gotta love Mexico
- I celebrated nearly six months of not being drunk (and also only having had, MAX, five alcoholic beverages in that time). For me, that’s a BIG deal!
- I took myself on a beachside D.I.Y Solo Retreat (of course using my Becoming Whole e-book to guide me). I pretty much didn’t leave my room or converse with another human being for four whole days. It was blissful, expansive and challenging, all at the same time! I highly recommend taking yourself on your own retreat honey!
- I decided that the time has come to head home! Yes, that’s right – I’m going back to Brisbane, Australia! I’ve been away from home for 14 months now and though I’m not ready to return just yet, it will definitely be happening in the coming months. WEEE!
- And, drumroll please, I made the decision to say farewell to this space. Yup. You read that correctly, my love. Life With Che will soon be no more! *Wowza* *OMG* *WTAFAYFKMM* (FYI, that last one translates to ‘what-the-actual-f!ck-are-you-f!cking-kidding-me-mate’. Just in case you can’t read gibberish).
Let me elaborate more on that last point because, as I’m sure you can understand, it’s a BIGGIE for me. It’s also totally unexpected.
When I first left Australia on my Solo Soul Journey last May, I was sure of two things:
One – I did not want to return home and be ‘forced’, due to financial restraints, straight back into a full-time job, working for someone else (thankfully, I am a good saver)
Two – I wanted to use these extra hours (because, let’s face it, working takes up a LOT of our time!) to create something of my own. Instead of frantically writing blog posts before work, scheduling social media tid-bits on my lunch break (okay, and sometimes during work time – sorry old Boss) and editing an e-book by the light of the moon, I wanted to gift myself the whole damn day, err damn day, to dream and create and bring my own visions to life.
I always assumed that this would result in an expansion of Life With Che. Perhaps a foray into the world of Life Coaching? A leap into public speaking? Running my own events? Having my own line of journals?
Seems the Universe had something else in mind for me though (haha, doesn’t it always? Goodman trickster!)
Though I can’t yet tell you what the next step is (not because I want to keep it from you, but because I’m still nutting things out in my mind, in between still trying to enjoy these last few months of unadulterated FREEDOM and ADVENTURING), I can tell you this:
- I’ll be back in this space once I’m back in Oz to tell you all about my Solo Soul Journey. Seriously, this trip has been F!CKING LIFE CHANGING and AMAZING and I am SO excited to share my reflections with you. If I can inspire just one person to throw caution to the wind and say ‘f!ck it’ and follow their heart then I shall die a happy woman
- I have a web designer booked in in October. New site here we come!
- You’ll be the very first to know all about my new venture. Make sure you’re on my VIP newsletter list so you don’t miss out! Though my new offering will be quite different to what you see here, it will still be infused with ‘Che’ (ME!). I do hope you’ll join me.
Though I have no idea how my new vision will unfold, this whole process (as in, the past two to three years!) has taught me something very important … everything always works out. And though we may go through (long) periods of feeling confused and lost and like we don’t know what the f!ck we are doing, we gals must continually come back to trusting that everything is unfolding exactly as it is meant to. Things make sense in time, my love.
I adore you. Thank you for being here and for sharing this journey with me.
Speak to you when I’m back in Oz yo!